Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Baking Memories with the Easy Bake Oven


Memories from my childhood came flooding back, the day we got the Easy Bake Oven in the store. When I was eight, I asked Santa for an Easy Bake Oven. Sadly, on Christmas morning, I did not get my oven. Instead, I got the mixes with a note saying that I could use the 'regular oven' with my parents' help. It wasn't the same! After a few more years, asking every Christmas, I realized that I was never going to get my Easy Bake Oven.

Many years later I was blessed with a daughter. When she was eight, I asked her grandmother to buy her an Easy Bake Oven, to make up for the one that I never got. Christmas day, Jessica got her very own oven and was very excited to make treats. We assembled it, put in the light bulb, and made cookies for everyone. We had fun watching them bake by the heat of a light bulb. As time went by she continued to make treats for our family, until she eventually outgrew it. I have many fond memories creating baked goodies with her.


The Easy Bake Oven that I asked for when I was little.


The Easy Bake Oven that my daughter got when she was little.


The Easy Bake Oven that we have in the store now.

[click on images to view larger]

The Easy Bake Oven has gone through many style changes over the years. It looks a lot different than the one that I wanted when I was little, and the one that my daughter had, but still comes with the cookie mix. Create memories with your child, bake a batch of Easy Bake Oven cookies!


-Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment